Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday and I'm off

My hubby suggested last night, "Hey, take tomorrow off." I laughed. He was serious. He didn't want me cleaning like crazy, taking on big projects or running errands all over town. He wanted me to be...off! So I did. My Monkey and I slept in and had a leisurely breakfast amidst TV and Internet looky-loo, and I even enjoyed a cup of (organic) coffee (with cane sugar), which I haven't done is many days. We kind of snacked all day off and on and lazed around. Then while he was occupied with his trains and later, coloring, I made myself a blueberry smoothie and took some of my card-making supplies out of storage--and made a card!!! Most of the supplies are from my Christmas stocking from aforementioned husband. Isn't he the best?? Now I know what I need and plan to make a trip to Hobby Lobby for more sets of matching embellishments, papers and stickers.

It's for one of my oldest, dearest friend's birthday, which is June 1. She's turning the big 3-0, the last of most of my grade school friends. I miss her birthday fairly often because I get a week into the month and go, "Doh!!" So this time, I'm ahead of the game. I wanted to use those daisies and ran across this paper that I had considered, of all things, for my wedding invitations back in 2002!! I used some rub-on words for the first time and added some buttons--quite the hodge-podge! But it all kind of came together and I'm pleased with the results, as imperfect as they may be!

On the inside, I printed my message on some vellum I found and used dragonfly stickers. I know they don't really "match" the daisies, but...she likes dragonflies! So, there!

I made a lil' bookmark, too, to throw in with her card. One of my favorite quotes.
Aaaah, it felt good to be crafty again and since all my supplies are out, I plan to make more while Monkey naps!! woo-hoo!
ADDENDUM:
Here's the second card I made (while Monkey napped) for a special friend at church. I'm pleased with it. I definitely like the rub-on words!! The ribbon is recycled from a gift I received from a blog friend! :) The buttons are recycled, too, of course.

Here's the inside, using the vellum again. I like that stuff!! And attaching it with stickers means not worrying about the glue showing through.

I'll try to whip up another one before the beast awakes!!

2 comments:

Maureen Reynolds said...

Sounds as if it was a wonderful day.

lily eden said...

tab those are so cute! doesnt it feel good to get creative after your long break?? great job!