Tuesday, August 12, 2008

This is...my trade secret

The latest installment of the "This is..." meme.

It's not my "trade," but here's my best card-making/stamping tip I can offer. Ok, it's two tips, but they go together!!

* When you make a card you love, use the same colors/papers/layout and make a bunch, instead of starting from scratch each time.

* When choosing paper, look for ones that are color-coordinated with a good mix of solids and prints so you can stamp on the solids and layer the prints.

My ideal paper is:
1. double-sided
2. thick, card-stock-like (but not textured--they make it hard to get an even stamp)
3. pre-color coordinated with the aforementioned mix of solids and patterns (preferably with some larger prints and some mini)

Perfect example, by Amy Butler:

Fronts:



Backs:



Oooohhh, the possibilities are endless!!

P.S. Anyone interested in a card-making tutorial?? I'd be happy to tell you what I know! :)

2 comments:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Thanks for stopping by...I think most of you have figured out I'm keeping the bedding & will use it eventually in that room.:) I'll probably just take my time & collect...and hopefully some more bargains will come my way.

Rhoda

Anonymous said...

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO interested in a card making tutorial!!!