Thursday, November 6, 2008

DIGITAL Christmas cards!!

Have you heard of this?? You order a digital photo Christmas card and the designer sends you a .jpeg that you can upload and print (like a picture) at your favorite place (Wal-Mart, Costco, Snapfish, etc.) AND send in an e-mail!!

So aside from the design (the going rate is $15 on Etsy), you're only paying for the ones you print (and the envelope). So, what, 15 cents each?? 20 cents with an envelope? So affordable! Great for the procrastinators among us, too!

If you know me, you know I prefer to shop from mom and pop businesses, women-owned businesses, small businesses, local businesses, mom-owned businesses, etc.--pretty much anyone besides the big-box retailers! So finding this option on Etsy where most of them are deigned by talented women with their own small business--well, it was calling my name!

Look at some of the designs you can get!! And they won't be like everyone elses who uses Costco and Walgreens! All of them are customizable with your name, of course, but some of my favorites offer customized colors and fonts, too! That is RAD!











I'm thinking we'll send them as an e-mail to about 75% of our Christmas card list, saving us about $20 in postage. The other 25 or so will get the hard copy, many probably hand-delivered! I may even stick with a 4" x 6" size and adhere them to a postcard to save even more on envelopes and postage! Am I brilliant or what??? :) That's all the more money I can spend on baking cookies!!

Here are some of the Etsy shops that had my favorites! Check them out!

If you end up ordering, tell them ProudGrits11 sent ya!

lukecommasara

modascrappers

nounces

simplehappydesigns

swishbliss

lilbeansprout

photocreations4u

1 comment:

Just Me said...

I loooove the 3rd one down, the polka dotted cutie! What a great idea and great finds! Let us know which you decide to go with, cant wait to see!