Friday, December 26, 2008

Can you relate?? (and pictures)

Check all that apply.

1. Your house looks like a bomb went off?? Or maybe more like Christmas threw up all over??

2. You're more than a little relieved that Christmas is over? Last night was the first night of decent sleep I've had in a while! My brain is just...emptier. Phew!

3. You're sick of Santas, snowmen and penguins and are actually looking forward to getting ready for Valentine's Day? Hearts, anyone??

4. You have no New Year's plans because you "just had to get through Christmas first?"

5. You now have more money in gift cards in your wallet than money in your checking account?

Mm-hmm. I thought so. I can't be the only one!!

Well, our computer is BACK "in da hoooooouse" and I had--no kidding--over 700 pictures to upload from December alone!!

Here's a bunch of highlight photos I picked out to re-cap December:

Drew and I at our church's staff/elder/leadership party.



And our motley crew, once we figured out how to use the self timer on my new camera!! These are some of our favorite people.



Here's The Belly when we got home--about 20 weeks. That's after we pigged out.



Drew and I, heading to my company's Christmas party.



Seriously, I look good in red. I gotta stop saving it for Christmas!



Our family at the Ho Ho Ho-down my mom hosted to celebrate my grandparents' visit from Florida!



There was a dance contest, too. Here's Andrew cutting a rug with Nana.



Here's my folks dancing. They've been married for 38 years now.



And my grandparents, who've been married for 62 years!!



This is my brother and his family. Aren't they spiffy?? They've been married 5 years and my nephew is two.



The winners were Andrew and my nephew, who boogied down to "At the Hop." Hilarious! And, yes, Andrew often goes around pants-less.



Hop, hop, hop...



Me and my boy at the park for our neighborhood Christmas party. I know I'll cherish these last several months of pictures, while his brother is still on the inside.





The munchkins got to ride the train. This is my favorite shot.



They had snow brought in, too. He was hesitant at first but eventually, he enjoyed it.



He even got his hands in there!



On The Big Ultrasound Day, my mom and grandmother surprised me when we got home with a rosemary Christmas tree, decked out in blue ornaments for our baby boy!! When my dad, grandfather, brother and SIL arrived for dinner later, we uncovered the tree with blue baby clothes underneath to announce that "It's a BOY"!



Here's me with my tree and, yes, I wore blue that day because I knew it was going to be a boy!!



After dinner, we all did a rousing rendition of Jingle Bells, which was one of my favorite Christmas moments this year!



And the long-awaited ultrasound pictures of our precious little son!!





The Christmas tree Christmas morning. The cocoa and popcorn were for me and the telescope was Drew's "big gift." I actually surprised him, too--he thought he was getting a karaoke machine! :)



The fam on Christmas day at my folks' house. My mom said, "I can't wait to see how another boy is going to fit into this picture next year!"



And that'll do it for now, thanks for re-capping with me! :)

No comments: