Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday's Fave Five #12



Read more entries over at

Living To Tell The Story

1. Drew's brother, Dave, and his girlfriend, Sarah, staying with us over the weekend. Dave took his remote controlled airplane out for a fly and Andrew got to hold a controller, too--he thought he was flying it! He looooved having his Uncle Dave here!!





2. My mom being here for three days and two nights (just from across town, but still) during her Spring Break. Here's the three of us together in our green on St. Patrick's Day (gotta love a self-timer).



The two of them danced a St. Patty's Day jig for my in their socks, it was priceless. Here's Andrew--mom was in her pjs so she made me promise not to post her picture!!



Mom and I got a lot accomplished while she was here, including blood work for my OB and a hair cut for Andrew, among other errands and "to-dos."

Here are a few "scores." A new pink maternity tee for Saturday's Easter egg hunt my friend is hosting. The plaid shorts and orange tee are Andrew's outfit--it's so cute!! I also got some new card-making supplies for Easter--woo-hoo!!



She also encouraged me to take some time for myself after my OB appointment so I got to do a little shopping and some reading, all while sipping my favorite new Starbucks drink. It was so nice to have some time to myself!!

It afforded me the opportunity to check out all the NEW scrap booking PAPER that Michael's just revealed and I loooove it!! It was all 30% off, too! I got these new sets to make decorative file folders. These new papers are so yummy! I love new patterns and colors to play with!

Called "Sultry" but I think it's cute! I adore the pink/green/brown combo.



"A Day at the Circus." The colorful zebra stripes are a hoot!



"Euphoria"



"Ambrosia." My mom saw these and immediately said, "I want a set of that for my kitchen." Done.



3. I'm done hosting Bunco for another 6 months (until my live-in sister-in-law hosts). The food turned out great (pulled BBQ pork, coleslaw, deviled eggs, chips and dip and fruit), we had a wonderful time--and now I can enjoy attending for a while! My hosting duties--as far as I know--are over for now. April will be my last Bunco without a baby!!

4. Andrew love. I am trying to enjoy every moment I can with him for the 7 or so weeks left until his brother arrives!!



Here he is after his hair cut! He wanted you to see his lollipop.



5. A chance for some "Spring Fluffing!" to spruce up for Bunco, for my mom's visit...and just for fun!



Check out my whole "Spring Fluffing Party" post...

HERE

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else's week held!!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I love the pretty fabrics! How nice that you had your mother with you!

Jerralea said...

Great new scrapping papers. Do you just paste them onto manilla folders?

I'm glad you had this time with your mom. I always love it when mine can come stay with me.

Susanne said...

Those are great colors and patterns!

You and your mom look like you were having a great time!

The boys in my dayhome love when my hubby gets out his remote helicopter. Unfortunately it hasn't been nice enough outside to take it out in the open. Way too windy.

Willow said...

You and your mom had a great time--it's obvious!

Andrew looks like a big boy now with his haircut!