Brought to you by
The Inspired Room
Click on the above link for more FALL inspiration!
This is the only fall decorating I've done so far. This is in my Morning Room. I took down the spring/summer flowers and tried to mix in some nice fall textures.
I used some pinecones in the cheese server--kinda fun! And I liked how the pitcher and plate went together.
I forget sometimes that books can be used to add height--I need to aquire more neat books!!
I "shopped the house" for the orange candle and the reed infuser. It's like having new stuff! I left the bird stuff out because here, birds LOVE autumn!!
Here are my own 20 Little Things to Love About Autumn list:
1. Temperatures in the 80s. Yes, that's "fall weather" in Phoenix!
2. Our annual trip to the local farm for a train ride, corn maze and to pick a pumpkin.
2. November is "birthday month" (including mine, my mom's and my oldest son's) so the whole month is like one big party!
3. The smell of cinnamon simmering on the stove.
4. Crumb top apple pie.
5. My favorite colors to wear and decorate with: green, orange and red! This year, I plan to add some rich turquoise to the mix.
6. The church Fall Festival.
7. Putting my baby is an orange striped sleeper with a pumpkin hat!
8. Adding my cozy leaf-print throw to my favorite chair for cool mornings.
10. Trips to the park during daylight hours.
11. Football!!! Go, Gators!!
12. TEA! Yummy new flavors with cloves and cinnamon. This is the "tea station" I just set up in my dining area.
13. Going to the high country to see the leaves. We don't have leaves in the valley.
14. Thanksgiving. That's when I met my husband 8 years ago and every year, it's fun to see how our family has grown!
15. Decorating with pinecones and acorns.
16. Actually using a comforter or blanket on the bed!
17. Longer nights for reading and sleeping.
18. New plaid socks.
19. Chili in the crock pot.
20. Gathering ideas for holiday gifts.