Thursday, February 25, 2010

Seeing Red

I am trying my hand at my first Bundt cake although, actually, it's a generic "fluted pan" from Wilton so technically it's not a "Bundt."

I used a red velvet cake mix from Duncan Hines. Here's how it looked coming out of the oven:



Then flipped onto the cake stand,.. PHEW, it's all in one piece!!



With the glaze drizzled over the top.



And I couldn't leave well enough alone so I added some chopped pecans for a little Southern flair!



Drooooool....



Now I'm VERY curious as to how it will taste....will let you know!

1 comment:

Kitty Deschanel said...

Mmm, that looks tasty! :)
I can't believe you'd never made a bundt cake before! These are my go-to cakes - everyone always thinks they're fancy (even though they're just as easy as making a regular cake).