Sunday, May 18, 2008

This is...my way of recycling

I'm a good recycler! And since I may be the only "This Is..." blogger in Arizona, USA, this is how we recycle here.
I keep a trash can in my kitchen to fill and my hubby takes it out and dumps it in the big blue bin about every-other day. I recycle absolutely EVERYthing I can, mostly boxes/cardboard, junk mail/magazines, aluminum cans and glass bottles.

Then Big Blue goes out once a week. For us, it's Friday. I wrote this on Friday so I snapped a photo. Ours goes out absolutely every week, usually overflowing.

Here's two of my other recycling tactics:
1. I keep a bag in my closet and when new clothes come in (and that's new-to-me new), old clothes go in the donation bag for Goodwill. I drop off at Goodwill at least once/month. I also shop a lot at Goodwill. THAT is good recycling!

2. I keep absolutely every shred of ribbon I get with invitations or gifts to use in my card making.

Can't wait to see everyone else's ideas!

1 comment:

Lisa [strickerin] said...

I love big blue! We could do with one of those.

Great idea keeping your clothes bag right there to pop some for donations.