Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Welcome to October!

Woo-hoo!! It's October already!

To me, October ushers in the "holiday season," starting with fall, my hubby's birthday on Oct. 11, Halloween...then all of our November birthdays, Thanksgiving...and before ya know it, CHRISTMAS!! Woo-hoo! Oh, I said that already.

If you don't already know, I ADORE fall. With my "all-day sickness" and severe lack of energy, I haven't done much crafting lately but I really, really want to! Nothing like new paper to inspire me to create...so I ordered some new yumminess from

Jane Says on Etsy

Check out her shop, it's a treasure trove of lovliness! And she's super-nice!! :)

"Urban Prairie" card stock, white on the back and perfect for easy cards...



Classic K Bailey (double-sided card stock--yeah!) for tags or other goodies...



...and this huge pile of fall paper to make invitations to my up-coming "Crafternoon."



October is also Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which is near and dear to my heart because my mom is a 12-year breast cancer survivor!

Check out these sites to donate or for support:

Susan G. Komen For the Cure

Ford Warriors in Pink

American Cancer Society

And there's a lot of companies that support the cause, too, by donating the proceeds of their products to the above-mentioned organizations.

Avon is a long-time supporter and has this $8 bear...



...and this pin (one of my favorites) for $3.



AVON bear

Pier 1 is on the bandwagon, too, with this reed diffuser and candle, each for $15, with 25% of the proceeds going to Susan G. Komen.





Pier 1

There are lots of cancer walks in the fall, too, so be on the lookout for ones in your community!

I'm thinking I need to whip up some pink cards for a giveaway...stay tuned! :)

P.S. This blog has reached 4,000 hits (since I started counting)!! Woo-hoo again!! And THANKS!

No comments: