Friday, March 6, 2009
Friday's Fave Five #10
Read more entries over at
Living To Tell The Story
1. Less indigestion and heartburn this week, but more crazy baby movement and sore ribs. It's always somethin', isn't it?? :) Actually, the highlight baby-wise this week was a trip to the OB. All is well with baby and Mom. He was squirmy in the office and his heart rate was higher than usual to prove it! My blood pressure and weight gain were both fine. Two more weeks for us to grow before the next appointment. He's already over 3 lbs. but has a loooong way to go!!!
2. A chance for some crafting. I loooove Spring so it's fun to bust out the Spring stamps. Birds, butterflies, bonnets, bees...I love it all! I even played with my son's watercolors! Maybe I need to invest in some "grown up" watercolors! Still, it's fun and relaxing. Here's the sheep I'm working on...
...to add to this card.
And my favorite Spring card from this week!
And just to make you smile, here's my crafting space after a good card-making session!
3. Time to concentrate on my study of "The Secrets of the Vine" from John 15. Oooooh, there's a lot of good stuff in there!! I have vacillated on whether to teach the study in the fall but now that I've dug in, I'm convinced that it's a message the ladies of our church need to hear! I thought about doing a "How to Study Your Bible 101" class instead but now I think I'll do "The Vine" for 4 weeks, then transition right into the 101 class. Then for 2010, it will flow straight into my next goal: reading through the Bible in 1 year! That's MY plan for now...we'll see what the Lord has in store!!
4. This week, we've been trying to figure out how to adjust our budget for going back to one income again. Thankfully, my not having a car means not being out in the stores, thinking about everything I don't have and spending money I should be saving! This week, the Lord has reminded me that He has always taken care of us so far, in all our financial ups and downs! Plus, He has a funny way of sending me little "gifts" when I'm starting to feel deprived!
5. Prayer time with Andrew this week (he's 3). His daddy has been super-tired so I've been putting him to bed. One night, we did our list of "Thank you, Lords" and I said, "Wow, we have a lot to be thankful for! Life is good!" and he replied, "It sure is!" My hubby happened to hear this exchange and we both cracked up. Then he would say, "Mommy, I said 'Sure is' and you laughed!" I told him, "Yes, it's because you are funny!" and we would hug and giggle. So, so sweet.
I look forward to seeing what all of you have been up to this week! Thanks for popping by!
Posted by Tabitha at 11:44 AM