Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Baby shower re-cap!!

My baby shower was held on Saturday and, yes, I'm just now getting around to posting pictures!

Hosted by my sister-in-law, Sarah, and my dear friend, Chrissy, at Chrissy's house.

The mother-to-be at 35 weeks, feeling a little "ooky," but trying to be festive! The prizes for the games are behind me. Chrissy looooves her some cellophane and ribbon!!



Sarah and I. This is my hubby's sis', the one that lives with us. She did a lot of the shower legwork and planning.



Blue punch!! Yes, my top matched. I'm that good.



Lunch catered by "On the Border" Mexican.



Balloons and gifts. With Andrew, we didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl so I love all the BLUE this time!!



Game #1: Guess how many mints are in the jar. The winner won the jar (which looks kinda like a baby bottle!).



The favors (mints in a cellophane bag with an umbrella-shaped tape measure) and the "E" I painted for Ethan.



Our hostess, Chrissy, and her daughter Tuesday, whom I use to take care of part-time.



Game #2: Pass The Baby. You pass the doll along with the music playing and when it ends, the person holding the doll is out.



It got kind of heated!



Game #3: Guess the Mommy's belly width. I'm like, "We're going to measure WHAT?!"



Figuring out the winner.



On to presents!!! Super-fun toys.



Blue blanket knitted by 13-year-old Abby.



Adorable frog outfit. Who says boy clothes aren't fun???



Onesie with "E" Chrissy made. Our expressions say it all!! So tiny, so precious!



Custom Ethan onesie.



Custom sling my mom's co-worker made with the fabric I chose. Should come in handy!



Gift sent from my aunt and grandmother in Florida. Diapers, natural bath products and more.



My mom got me a "Mommy gift" of sleepy time room spray and lotion, plus these lovely pajamas for after the birth. I have to look nice for all those visitors, right? :) She's so thoughtful.



Me with the cake and flowers.



The most beautiful cake I've ever seen!!! Everyone raved about it! Oh, and it tasted amazing, too!!



My baby daddy. Drew, the man who got me knocked up on the first try!



Andrew got presents to open, too!! A Thomas pillow from his Great Aunt Sharon.





Me and my mom, a.k.a. Nana Pat



Back home after the shower. Andrew spotted these and had to try one out. He's already regressing and Ethan isn't even here yet!! The funny thing is, he never used a pacifier as a baby--which probably makes them that much more irresistible!



It was a lovely party and we are so grateful for all the generous gifts--and I feel much better, having it behind us and everything washed and organized now! :)

Thanks for looking...

No comments: