Monday, September 28, 2009

Say the Name...

...of Jesus.

Our pastor preached on this topic Saturday night, emphasizing that the most important question we can ask ourselves is "Who is Jesus?" People love to talk about God but when the name of Jesus comes up, that really defines one's beliefs. In recent months, I have found myself calling out to Jesus more and running to the foot of the cross with my problems, so the sermon really hit home for me. Who is Jesus to me...and what do I do about it? How do I show other people who Jesus is?

Evidently it spoke to my mom as well. She had come to church with us then spent the night and as we talked over coffee Sunday morning, she shared that she had actually dreamed about saying the name of Jesus that night. We both felt like we were hearing the same message: there's POWER in the name of Jesus...and we need to say it more!

Sunday morning as we talked, this song came up and I looked it up on YouTube. The song is lovely and the slideshow is really powerful.

Check it out! I think you'll be glad you did!

I can't get the Youtube link to work, so try:

this link

Speaking of His name, here's "Blessed Be Your Name" by Matt Redman, another great one!

HERE

No comments: