Monday, October 17, 2011

I love to give these as gifts

I enjoy having a small bowl or "dish" to place my rings and other jewelry in. I use one on top of my dresser for my wedding rings and frequently-worn earrings, one next to my kitchen sink for my rings when I'm washing dishes and I like to have one for guests when they spend the night.



They're also lovely for paperclips on your desk or to hold lemon slices at a tea party. You could even use one at each place setting at a dinner party to hold a pat of butter or a condiment.



When I started looking for them, I found them at Goodwill and other thrift stores for anywhere from 75 cents to no more than $3 each.



These make lovely, thoughtful and inexpensive gifts. They're easy to collect and keep on hand for a gift-giving occasion and they're small enough to tuck into a gift bag. See? The one I just found was only $1.49 at Goodwill.



Just check the bottom to make sure it isn't cheap ceramic or "made in China." It's fun to hunt for one in a friend's favorite color or that matches her decor.



The hard part will be not keeping them for yourself {and keeping your mom from stealing them from you--that's what mine did!}!

1 comment:

MJ @ 517 Creations said...

I have a little dish that belonged to my husband's grandmother by our kitchen sink and a dish that belonged to my great grandmother on my nightstand to keep my rings in! I love putting them in a "safe" place and knowing exactly where to look. :) What a great idea to give them as gifts to friends!