Saturday, April 5, 2008

photo op

So I take a lot of pictures and I'm really good about uploading them, e-mailing them and printing them--even mailing them to distant relatives! Ocassionally, they even make it into albums. BUT--I'm afraid they're quite predictable. Even boring. I need to improve my skills, experiment, get creative. So I'm trying.
We spent about four hours at the zoo today with my nephews--here are some of the more "interesting" shots (ie, NOT the subject centered and smiling). The one tip I read recently said to simply try to capture what you want to remember. So when there were moments today that I wanted to remember, I tried to capture the details. Here are the results.
Being a boy in the stream...

peeking down from the tree house (the only reason I knew he was up there was because he was chattering at me)...

checking out the fish...

the cousins trying to spot a turtle...

and a gorgeous rose I couldn't resist.

I had a lot of really boring shots, too. Those are for the grandmas.

No comments: