Thursday, June 12, 2008

Father's Day


This cracks me up! It came from "Better Homes & Gardens" magazine. You could have a lot of fun with this one! They want you to bake a brownie in a 13x9 pan (lined with foil) and transfer it to a gift box, then frost it. They suggest cake decorating gel for the pocket and collar. For the tie, they have you draw an outline of a tie on a piece of wax paper, then melt white chocolate chips to spread into the tie shape. Then you can add candy to jazz it up. After that, cut around the edge with a sharp knife, then transfer onto brownie.
Their other suggestion is just to draw the outline with the gel and fill in with candy, right on the brownie. That's probably what I'll do. The main thing is, I'll let our 2.5-year-old place the candy for a one-of-a-kind work of art! My hubby doesn't even have to wear ties anymore, which makes it that much funnier!!
Enjoy! And, if you're like my family, don't forget to take a picture of Dad WITH the cake!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that cake! We might have to try it. thanks for sharing that idea with us, Susie H

Anonymous said...

Ugh, that cake brownie thing looks like alot of work...!! Hubby doesnt eat sweets (I know, how is this possible??)--but it certainly is a cute idea! I had Lily "paint" a picture for daddy...and we're working on the other goodies.....