Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday's Finds

Perhaps my favorite things about Tar-jay are:
1. The in-store Starbucks (WHEN I have a gift card!)
2. The snack bar (for popcorn for my son)

Yup. Starbucks for me, popcorn for him. It works. Today, it bought me time to cruise Tar-gay leisurely and do a run through the nearby Dollar Tree, all in one fell swoop.

Aren't you dying to know what I got?? Good.

Let's start with the ol' Dollar Tree.

First of all, I saw these pumpkins recently on

A Day in the Life of Bella

Who had heard about them from

Susie Harris's blog

Both lovely blogs with tons of bargain decorating ideas!!

Yep. $1 each. Wooooo-hoooo!!!

I haven't officially started decorating for fall yet but I couldn't resist setting these out. What a nice fallish touch!!



You know about binder clips, right??? These are fruity and so adorable!! They had bigger ones in a pack of 4 but I went for the highest bang for the buck.

They can be used as...



PHOTO HOLDERS!!



Or to hold up a recipe card or, heck...just a cute card!!



Now on to Target. Nothing major here. I actually raided our change jar and put $8 worth of quarters into a plastic baggy to justify this purchase. Four more sets of much-needed envelopes and these doggon cute flowers I've been admiring for ages. One or two flowers per card means I can make at least ten cards with these. And they match some paper I have already.



And as a side not, I whipped up this card for my friend who has recently relocated back to Arizona. The quote says, "There is a place called home where my heart can rest." One less buck I had to spend on a card, right?? :)



Happy bargain hunting this weekend!!

9 comments:

Just me.....Shelly said...

whooooooo hooooo target!!! that place rocks. seriously! great finds

Tabi said...

Oh...I LOVE the binder clip idea...it's so cute and a great idea!

Tabi said...

Oh...I LOVE the binder clip idea...it's so cute and a great idea!

Kiley said...

Ilove your pumpkins! In fact, I was just saying how ready I am for fall! It is truly my favorite season...the falling leaves, the pumpkin patch, hot spiced cider...I can't wait.

Brown said...

Helloooo!!! On the picture of the card for your friend - how'd you get the glitter?

Great finds this week! I haven't been doing any shopping but hope to catch up over the weekend.

letters to elijah said...

Those flowers from Target are sweet! I recognize those clearance stickers! :)

Vanessa said...

Cute pumpkins! Love the binder clips! I'm in love with those stickers!! Cute card!

Vanessa said...

Cute pumpkins! Love the binder clips! I'm in love with those stickers!! Cute card!

Krissy said...

I LOVE binder clips... they're SO great. :) Cute stuff, as always!!!