Friday, October 31, 2008

Projects

Isn't there always a project to do?? One gets done and another one starts to rear its ugly head.

I'm actually really good at staying on top of the mail, meaning that I bring it in every day, divide it up between the three adults in the house, recycle the junk and put my stuff "away."

Unfortunately, some of the "away" accumulated into a foot-high pile of mail, catalogs, fliers and other paperwork...



...which I JUST condensed into THIS.



Which definitely gave the area and the whole room a neater appearance...which made THIS all the more glaring!!

Does your craft area ever get to this state??



About 20% less messy and I actually work and function quite well. But this mess is a teensy bit too much. The "constantly searching for one certain stamp or ink pad" kind of mess. Oy, this'll be project, mainly cuz I've acquired more "stuff" and need to organize it into its proper place. Then I probably won't be able to find anything!! :)



And this is my Christmas gift project.

My inspiration came from this on Etsy.



Mine won't be nearly as fancy but it'll be the same idea!

I'm planning to make them into ornaments and give them to my nephews and niece, so I'm not really risking ruining the surprise. I doubt they follow this blog. Even their mommies don't follow this blog (sniff, sniff).

I'm going to do this one for my son as a trial and error, so I can give YOU step-by-step instructions on how to do it as quickly, easily and cheaply as possible!!

I've already figured out that sanding it and maybe even priming it would've been a good start but I'm too impatient!! This will end up being about a $1.50 each project, plus it's handmade and personalized!! So stay tuned!!



After the laundry is finished and I clean the bathroom, maybe I'll conquer that craft table!

2 comments:

Just Me said...

oh, your scrap area looks CLEAN compared to mine! I have problems putting all the new goodies away when I buy and then I forget I have this or that and buy it again! Now, thats bad!

Ca-ute letters!! I bet they will looove them, so thoughtful and unique!

Just Me said...

oh, your scrap area looks CLEAN compared to mine! I have problems putting all the new goodies away when I buy and then I forget I have this or that and buy it again! Now, thats bad!

Ca-ute letters!! I bet they will looove them, so thoughtful and unique!