Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sincerely 'Fro Me To You, mime costume

This certainly could be scary for some of you...

If you were part of a youth group (or just a church, particularly in the South) in the early 1990s, do you remember mime troupes coming around and visiting churches with their "act?" I do!

The one I remember did choreography to popular Christian songs (not dancing, of course. Southern Baptists can't dance, so we called it 'choreography'). I imagine that's what inspired THIS.



I remember that hair so well. The crunchy factor was high on this Halloween.

I believe the make-up consisted just of the red lips, black lined eyes, and little curly-cues with stick-on rhinestones next to each eye. Fabulous.

I think the one hand up, in mime language, was "I'm a little embarrassed but there's no turning back now, so 'hi'."

And that's all I have to say about that.

7 comments:

Tabi said...

Oh, I did this with my youth group too!! We actually went on a missions trip to mexico and did this!! I am now going to have to find my pictures of it!! Great memories!

We are THAT Family said...

Oh, the crunch factor. You had it babe!

Just me.....Shelly said...

H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S! You were such a cute lil mime! Not too many people can pull off a bright white face!

Avily Jerome said...

You're so adorable!

Tammy said...

I'm "reading" a high crunch factor all the way over here in Alabama too.

I remember the mimes!

Muthering Heights said...

LOL, you are the first recovering mime I've ever met...

Katharine said...

OMG, I totally forgot we dressed up like that, thanks so much for not showing me:) What were we thinking?