Monday, July 13, 2009
Menu Plan Monday
To check out lots of wonderful menus and recipes, check out Menu Plan Monday on
I'm An Organizing Junkie
Simple Mom is also covering Menu Planning today and has great tips and tools
In an effort to be the best mom and wife I can be, I am trying to get back to making a weekly menu for our family. With my hubby recently starting Atkins, I'm "on my own" for dinner, aside from the meat he can also have. I want to start going more vegetarian and using more whole foods, but for this week, I stuck with tried and true favorites. I'll enjoy stealing other people's ideas, though!
Breakfasts: oatmeal, cereal, fruit, yogurt with granola
Lunches: tuna salad wrap, turkey sandwiches, smoothies, pbjs
Snacks: hummus with carrots, almonds, apple with peanut butter, raisins
Dinners (recipes appear below):
Monday: taco soup
Tuesday: hot dogs, veggies and beans
Wednesday: roast in the crock pot with carrots and potatoes
Thursday: pulled pork sandwiches, fries and veggies
Friday: pizza and salad
Saturday: (vegetarian) pasta with sauce and mushrooms
SLOW COOKER RECIPES:
1. taco soup
Put into slow cooker on low for 5 hours or high for 3-ish hours:
* 1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
* 1 packet taco seasoning mix
* 3 cans of the beans of your choice, with liquid (I prefer black, kidney and pinto).
* 1-2 cans of diced tomatoes, with liquid (you can use the ones with green chilis to add a little kick)
* 1 can corn, with liquid, if desired
* 1 cup of water, or more if you like it more liquidy
TOP with cheese and sour cream. You can also put tortilla chips in the bottom of your bowl, or crumble them on top.
2. roast in the crock pot
Put in crock pot on high for about 4 hours.
* 1 lb. roast, seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder
* small bag of baby carrots
* 3-4 potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
* 2-3 cups of water
* 1 onion, cut up
3. pulled pork sandwiches
Put in crock pot on high for at least 5 hours.
* 1 lb. pork tenderloin, butt or shoulder, seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
* enough beer or rootbeer to cover it
Once it's able to be shredded with a fork, remove and shred.
Dump water out of crock pot.
Add the sauce of your choice to the meat and place back in crock pot for about an hour.
Serve on buns.
Thanks for stopping by!
Posted by Tabitha at 9:03 AM