If you're here from "We Are THAT Family," welcome!! This is my latest DIYP!
Don't know them? Check out The Blog
***Here's the final result!!!*** (click below)
Here's what I did with the canvas, paint and paper I'd previously mentioned.
I love AQUA. I want more of it in my home's all-over color scheme. It works beautifully with my existing colors of sage green and paprika--when done well!!
I'd seen this project elsewhere as an easy way to add affordable, colorful, customized artwork to your walls--and I finally gave it a go.
1. I started with a 12x12 canvas and painted it "Caribbean Blue," just with acrylic paint.
2. Then I found this pack of scrap booking paper, which have all my home's colors (WITH aqua), plus some brown and yellow. I adore it. Funky, flowery and CUTE!
I selected my favorite papers...
and traced circles on them using a small flower pot. I tried not to get them all centered, to give it a more funky look.
3. I then carefully cut my circles out.
4. I then laid them out in a pleasing pattern and took a look. See the one bottom, center? I felt like the flower was too...centered.
So I traced and cut out a new one. Aaaaahhhh, that's better!
5. THEN I made sure I liked the layout and glued them on one by one. I did end up rotating a few slightly. And here's the final result:
I'm realizing that one of these isn't going to fill the wall I was trying to spruce up. I'm thinking I need a trio.
Whaddaya think...three with circles, each painted a slightly different aqua hue?? Two with circles, one perhaps with a monogram?? Two with just a solid sheet of pretty paper??
Also, does this bad boy need to be sealed??
Any feedback is appreciated!!